Mark Cravotta’s Top 10 Favorite Dining Chairs
Dining rooms tend to be one of the more straightforward rooms in the house. They often consist of only a dining table, a set of dining chairs, a chandelier, and possibly a buffet and a rug. Because there are fewer elements than in most other rooms, the importance of quality and character of each piece is elevated. Each piece has a statement to make so I thought I would share with you my top ten favorite newly produced dining chairs. They range in style from modern to traditional – but all boast super quality in materials, workmanship and finish. And all are examples of great design with timeless forms and classical sensibility.
1. Hadrien Dining Arm Chair by Jean-Michel Wilmotte for Holly Hunt.
2. Aileron Arm Chair by Christophe Pillet for Holly Hunt.
3. Andriessen Arm & Side Chairs by Gregorius Pineo.
4. Eva Swivel Chair by Zanotta.
The Eva chairs in a Cravotta Studios project.
5. Neoclassic Dining Arm Chair by Blackman Cruz.
The Neoclassic chairs in a Cravotta Studios project.
6. Swedish Dining Arm Chair by Rose Tarlow.
7. Ulysses Chair by Randolph and Hein.
8. Turino Chairs by Randolph and Hein.
9. Wakefield Armchair by Dessin Fournir.
10. Palladian Side Chair by Baker.
A 1960’s vintage original of the Palladian chair in a Cravotta Studios project.